Dr. Vijay Ramanan is leading clinical hematologist and bone marrow transplant physician in India. He treats Thalassaemia, Sickle cell diseases,
Hb-E diseases and other hemoglobinopathies
from across the world. He provides treatment for Thalassaemia, Lymphoma, Leukaemia, Myeloma, Aplastic Anemia, MDS,
Immunodeficiency disorders, storage disorders to name a few.
- Founding Director of transplant unit at Ruby Hall Clinic, Pune.
- He currently heads the transplant unit at Ruby Hall, Pune.
- Done over 140 bone marrow transplants in Ruby Hall Clinic, Pune .
- He is first individual PATRON of European Society of Bone Marrow Transplant in India.
- He has highest success rate of survival in transplat.
- Pioneer of cord blood transplant in India.
- Done his D.M. Clinical hematology from C.M.C Vellore, which has the most advanced hematology labs in Asia.
- He is the First DM in CLINICAL HAEMATOLOGY/HAEM-ONCOLOGY in Maharastra, Madhya Pradesh, Gujarat, Andra Pradesh.
- Gold Medalist in M.D. and D.M. Done his MBBS and M.D.(Medicine) from prestigious B.J. Medical College, Pune.
- Honorary consultant at K.E.M Hospital, Apollo, Jehangir and Poona Hospital.
- Has started Thalassemia Day care under the aeigis of Red Cross Pune.
- Ex- Assistant Professor at B.J. Medical College and Sassoon General Hospital.
- Yashoda Hematology Clinic is the only stand alone lab doing work on Hemophilia and Thrombophilia.
- The center was leading recruiter for a clinical study under Dr Mannuchi of Milan University.
- Member of American Society of Hematology and Member of Scientific Committee of the Asia Pacific Bone Marrow Transplant.
- Collaboration with Hadassah University, Jerusalem, Israel.